Come the end of January, many of our young patients or children of our patients will pack their books, polish their shoes and head back to school, ready for the year ahead. Kids don’t often think about the impact that common classroom activities like sitting for long periods of time, carrying a heavy backpack and excessive screen time can have on their overall health and wellbeing.
Our Chiropractors at Back In Line Chiropractic are encouraging kids in our community to adopt positive spinal health habits and we are recommending practical, useful and easy tips including;
- Carrying a backpack correctly with both straps, adjusting it to the correct height and ensuring only the essentials are packed, with heavier items to the back of the bag to reduce weight.
- Maintaining good posture when sitting in a classroom by keeping their shoulders back and relaxed with both feet firmly on the floor.
- Limiting recreational screen time to two-hours or less every day.
- Eating a balanced, healthy diet and staying hydrated. This helps to keep kids alert in the classroom and active in the playground.
- Getting enough physical activity is key for a child’s wellbeing, so as a guide, kids should try and get at least 60 minutes of physical activity daily.
Let’s help kids practice these positive spinal health habits this ‘back to school season’ and all year round.
If you havn’t already had your little one in for a check these school holidays, give us a call to book their appointment. We can give advice and assistance on implementing these positive health habits into your child’s daily activity. We also offer complimentary initial examinations for all kids under 15 years old.
Contact us today!
Wellness made easy
Holistic Approach to Wellness
Onsite Health Fund Claims
Industry Accredited Practitioners
1 on 1 Consultations
If you or someone you know is suffering from some health issues and they are looking at taking a natural approach to managing these issues, then our practice may be the right place.
We also offer a range of supportive health and nutrition products, and workplace health services.