Unfortunately, in modern day society it is quite common for us to suffer from stress and anxiety, which can lead to physical symptoms such as headaches, muscle tension, and difficulty sleeping. While medication and therapy are effective treatments, incorporating breathing exercises into your daily routine can also help reduce stress and improve your overall well-being.
Here are two scientifically-backed breathing exercises that can help reduce stress:
1. 4-7-8 breathing
- Close your eyes and place the tip of your tongue on the roof of your mouth, just behind your front teeth.
- Breathe in quietly through your nose for 4 counts.
- Hold your breath for 7 counts.
- Exhale slowly through your mouth for 8 counts.
- This pattern should be repeated 4-5 times.
2. Alternate Nostril Breathing
- Close your right nostril with your right thumb.
- Breathe in slowly and deeply through your left nostril.
- Close your left nostril with your right ring finger and release your thumb from your right nostril.
- Exhale slowly through your right nostril.
- Repeat this pattern, breathing in through the opposite nostril each time.
Practising these exercises regularly and making them a part of your daily routine will yield the best results, so let’s get started!
Wellness made easy
Holistic Approach to Wellness
Onsite Health Fund Claims
Industry Accredited Practitioners
1 on 1 Consultations
If you or someone you know is suffering from some health issues and they are looking at taking a natural approach to managing these issues, then our practice may be the right place.
We also offer a range of supportive health and nutrition products, and workplace health services.